Friday, 30 January 2015

The Perfect Birthday Cake Decorating Tip!

Hello!

Introducing to you, the BEST birthday cake!...


 
 
... Perfect for any occasion, this cake is sure to bring smiles when presented at a party, and it's super easy to achieve!


All you will need:

20 inch Chocolate Cake
I used the recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook* and baked in two sandwich tins
Chocolate Frosting
Icing Sugar, Butter and Cocoa Powder, mixed to a thick smooth consistency (I often find if you melt the butter it makes it easier to combine with the icing sugar. If you make it too thick, it can be saved with a dash of milk)
M&Ms Or Smarties, or candy of a similar kind... I used two large bags of chocolate M&Ms
Kit Kats
1 pack of two-finger Kit Kats
Cadbury's Chocolate Fingers
1 box
Ribbon
Any colour/width which takes your fancy.
 
 
Method:
  1. Once you have baked your chocolate cake and let it cool, spread some of the chocolate frosting on top of one of the cakes and sandwich them together.
  2. When stacked, cover the whole cake in your chocolate frosting. This will be used as a "glue" for the candy to stick to.
  3. Place the Kit Kats and Chocolate Fingers around the outside of the cake, alternately to form a wall.
  4. Once all of the Kit Kats and Chocolate Fingers have been stuck to the cake, tie the ribbon in a neat bow around the cake. Pull it tight to ensure the Kit Kats and Chocolate Fingers do not come apart from the cake.
  5. Once assembled, simply pour the two bags of M&Ms on to the top of the cake.
Et voila! Your cake is complete and ready to impress! I love how something so simple looks so impressive! It's a perfect "go-to" cake if you need something quick and easy to show off to your family and friends!

I would love to see your photos if you give this cake a go, so email me @ thepinkwindmill@gmail.com

*The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook can be bought in all good bookshops, I purchased mine from amazon.co.uk... http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hummingbird-Bakery-Cookbook-Tarek-Malouf/dp/1845978307/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422649018&sr=8-1&keywords=the+hummingbird+bakery+cookbook

Get baking!

Love

The Pink Windmill Baker
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment